I enjoy hiding and submitting caches for geocaching.com, a modern day scavenger hunt type game using GPS devices. I also enjoy hiding large series and counts of caches and going through the step by step process in submitting a cache is a time consuming process at times. So I looked to ease that process upon myself by creating this automated script that takes a templated input file and then processes it and fills out the web form repeatedly until all items have been submitted. It has a basic swing UI to gather the basic information needed for user friendly and then uses Selenium to automate the web browser
Are You A Cache Hider:
Feel free to download and use yourself. There is likely a number of bugs in the program so I’m calling it an Alpha release V0.1. There is a contact form below so feel free to submit any issues you experience. Also if you want emails of updates when new versions come out CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE
Java, Selenium – Browser Automation
MassNewCacheCreation.zip – Issue fixed and updated script and documentation. V0.2
Get Updates of new updates by Clicking Here to Subscribe
Download includes all needed files and an instruction document and template.
Future Road Map
- -Support for Multi Caches with unlimited stages
- -Support for additional waypoints, i.e. Parking
- -Add 1 page form for new caches vs GC’s multi page form
- -Form validation, i.e. Making sure excel document was filled out correctly
- -Improve error checking and feedback
- -If one cache in the middle fails, allow to continue to next cache and provide report
- -Make other browsers compatible, i.e. FireFox, IE, and Safari
- -Anything suggested by you???